The primary responsibility of the Product Engineering lead is RFQ preparation, contribution in New Product Development-NPD. Product engineer must study and analyse customer requirements to make technical and commercial proposal.
|Excellent technical knowledge and analytical skills.Experience in Harness/Cable and Box assembly.Excellent organizational and oral communication skills- English fluency is must (oral + written).Sound knowledge & experience in AS9100 / ISO9001.IPC-A-620 is added advantageAbility to understand commercial, quality and technical requirements.Ability to effectively work remotely with Europe and US based company.|
Computer literacy with MS Office applications
- RFQ handling, technical and commercial proposal.
- Analysis of customer input drawings & specifications to propose alternate solutions in view of cost competitiveness & quality.
- BOM scrubbing & drawing review to propose waiver requests to customer.
- Liaison with supply chain for component prices, lead time & MOQ. Validate supplier quotes & prepare harness offer.
- Review costing file , summarize & put forward for validation.
- Part number, Bill of Material (BOM) and routing preparation.
- Design and propose products to customer as per requirement.
- Feasibility study risk analysis to program management while RFQ of new products in terms of Capacity, manpower requirement and technology as per customer requirement.
- Conduct the CFT meeting of various functions like, Design, Quality, production and supply chain/planning for new product introduction with smooth installation and commissioning.
- Lead process development, prototype builds, training, New product development, managing cost out programs etc.
- Lead New Product Introductions (NPIs). Activities, prepare Develop project plans and execute to meet plan and milestone targets as per requirement.
- Work with global teams and customers during NPI and Production phase
- Other duties as assigned.