- Understand / compile customer supplied drawings, documents and summarize the requirements.
- Management of compliance matrix based on customer requirements & conduct feasibility study.
- Selection of child part components & preparation of bill of materials. Co-engineering with application engineers/ customers / business development managers for alternatives / cost effective solutions.
- Creating fiber harness customer drawings for approval.
- Simulation of routing time (labour hours) based on customer drawings / requirements.
- Simulation of tooling & equipment cost based on customer drawings / requirements.
- Simulation of additional investment requirements based on customer specific requirements.
- Liaison with sourcing/ procurement team for child part costs, tooling & equipment costs.
- Simulate assembly standard costs & lead times based on component costs, component lead times, assembly lead times, labour hours, overheads etc & propose ITP’s / selling prices based on defined rules.
- Release of drawings & bill of materials in stipulated timelines.
- Products configuration management.
- Products / Process Change management.
Sound knowledge in electrical circuits, Electrical and Fiber harnesses fundamentals.
- Relevant experience in fiber harness industry (Military / aerospace) will be an added advantage.
- Result oriented.
- Customer focus
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, Initiative, Committed, Good English written and verbal communication. Good interpersonal skills.
- Understand customer requirement & develop new innovative concepts / drawings based on customer needs.
- Design Software’s skills: Hands on Visio/ Creo 2.0 and AutoCAD is added advantage.
Experience in PDMLink / PLM software’s knowledge is added advantage.
Job Category: Product Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: On-site Pune